Oktopost allows you to easily upload and share images and videos with your followers. In addition to uploading files from your personal computer or mobile device, Oktopost also allows you to utilise various other sources like Facebook, Instagram, Dropbox and your very own Media Library.
The Media Library
Images and videos in Oktopost are also referred to as Media Assets. Each time a media asset is uploaded to Oktopost it is saved in the Media Library. The Media Library allows you to easily re-use media assets across social networks.
To access the Media Library simply click on the image or camera icons when creating a new post and select Media Library tab (box icon). The Media Library allows you to browse previously uploaded media assets, search and delete old items.
- Image search is performed according to filenames. We recommend using semantic file names before uploading to Oktopost.
- Deleting images or videos will only remove them from the media library, not from messages or posts already using them.
- Oktopost does NOT resize or transform images or videos in any way. If proportions appear different in previews it's only because we change the display proportions on your browser, the files are sent to each network as they were uploaded.
Image upload sizes and formats
- Images can be uploaded to Twitter, Facebook and Google Plus.
- The max file size for an uploaded image is 3MB.
- The allowed formats are: JPG, JPEG, PNG, GIF.
Video upload size and formats
- Videos can be uploaded to Facebook Profiles, Facebook Pages and Twitter.
- The max file size for a video to upload is 512MB.
- Video duration on Twitter must be between 0.5 and 140 seconds.
- The aspect ratio of the video must be between 9x16 and 16x9.
- The allowed formats are: 3g2, 3gp, 3gpp, asf, avi, dat, divx, dv, f4v, flv, m2ts, m4v, mkv, mod, mov, mp4, mpe, mpeg, mpeg4, mpg, mts, nsv, ogm, ogv, qt, tod, ts, vob, and wmv.