Message Assets is basically a library that holds all of your social content. Think of it as a database that saves all of your messages, so that you can easily view them and access them for scheduling.
There are two ways in which a Message Asset is created:
- You used the New Post button to publish a post, in which case the text itself, along with any link attachment or image you added, will automatically be saved as a Message Asset.
- You clicked on the New Message button in a Campaign's Messages view and created a new Message Asset for future scheduling.
How to Create Message Assets
This is a great capability which enables you to first write your Message Assets, and then access them for scheduling, either through the New Post button or using the Autoposter.
- Select a Campaign, and go to the Messages tab up top.
- Click on the blue New Message button.
- Select a social network from the tabs, compose your message, and hit Save, Save Draft, or Send to Approval (if applicable). To stay in the window and create more Message Assets, you can click the Leave the window open checkbox at the bottom of the Post Console.
Once you've created your Message Assets, you can:
Click on the Message Asset itself to edit it.
Click on the box icon at the top of the Messages list to Select All Message Assets.
Copy to Board
Click on the box icon next to one or more Message Assets and click the blue COPY TO BOARD option at the top of the Messages list to copy Message Assets to an Advocacy Board.
Click on the box icon next to one or more Message Assets and the click the red DELETE option at the top of the Messages list to delete the selected Message Asset(s).