The Oktopost Salesforce Insights package allows you to view and report on leads, contacts, and accounts that interacted with your brand on social media.
The package includes a native Social Activity object that Oktopost will sync data with as Leads and Contacts interact with your brand on social media. The package also includes a comprehensive social media dashboard to help you get started with reporting on social activities.
To be able to set up the Salesforce Social Insights package, you must:
- Have a Salesforce account with API access.
- Have permission to install packages into Salesforce.
- Connect your Salesforce Instance to Oktopost.
Note that if you want to upgrade from an existing package installation, you can use the following guide.
Step 1: Install the Package
To install the package, click the link below. This will open in a new tab and take you to Salesforce. If you are not logged into Salesforce, you will be prompted to do so. Follow the instructions on Salesforce, and continue the step-by-step instructions below to configure the package.
- The first page will list the components that the package will install. You can review these and click Continue.
- The next page will list the permissions you are authorizing in Salesforce. Click Next on this screen.
- On the next screen, you will be given the option to install the package, click Install here.
Use this URL to install the package into any organization:
Step 2: Add Social Activities to Page Layouts
First, access Page Layouts from Setup.
- In Salesforce Classic: Setup | Customize | (Lead|Contact|Account) | Page Layouts
- In Salesforce Lightning: Gear Icon | Setup | Object Manager | (Lead|Contact|Account) | Page Layouts
Next, edit the required Page Layout by clicking on Related Activities, adding the Oktopost Social Activities object, and selecting the relevant columns:
- Reading Id
- Activity Datetime
- Contact (for Account Page Layout only)
- Campaign Name
- Activity Type
- Activity Text
- Profile Name
- Remote URL
Salesforce Lightning Only
If you're using Salesforce Lightning, once you're done with the steps above:
- Navigate to Lighting Page Records.
- Add Related List - Single to your page.
- Select Enhanced List for Related List Type.
Step 3: Activate the Package
Once you're done with Salesforce, navigate back to the integrations' settings page in Oktopost, click on Packages, turn ON the Social Insights package, and click Save.
- Added a Flow to update the social activity objects' reference fields as leads are converted to contacts.
- Added a Campaign reference field to the social activity object.
- Removed all Visualforce pages.
- Removed Oktopost API fields.