With Oktopost's technology, you can synchronize social media lead information with your Marketo account. Our platform updates Marketo with precise lead source information, including which social network or social profile a click or conversion came from. You can quickly and easily set up workflow triggers in Marketo based on this information, and subsequently catalog leads into dedicated social media buckets for re-marketing and nurturing purposes.
There are two parts to the Marketo integration:
Lead Conversion Source - Oktopost syncs all incoming social leads with Marketo and augment them with detailed source data.
Social Click Tracking - This is aimed at tracking lead activity. If configured, Oktopost will sync all of the information it collects on clicks with Marketo. Both existing and anonymous leads will be added with activity log information on all clicks coming from social channels.
- How to Set Up Lead Conversion Source Integration
- How to Set Up Social Click Tracking Integration
- How will the Data Look Like in Marketo
How to Set Up Lead Conversion Source Integration
Step 1: Set Up Custom Fields in Marketo
- First, set up a few custom fields in Marketo to store the additional information.
- To set up the fields, go to the Admin section in Marketo in the top right corner, and select Field Management.
- IMPORTANT: Pay close attention to the capitalization of the API Names.
- Click on the New Custom Field button to create the first field. For field type choose String, and for the field Label writeOkto Click Campaign.
- Repeat this step to create all of the necessary custom fields:
|String||Okto Click Campaign||OktoClickCampaign|
|String||Okto Click Network||OktoClickNetwork|
|Url||Okto Click Post Link||OktoClickPostLink|
|String||Okto Click Profile||OktoClickProfile|
|Datetime||Okto Click Time||OktoClickTime|
Step 2: Sync Oktopost with Marketo:
Once the fields are set up, the next step is to configure your API credentials:
- Head over to Integrations → Marketo.
- Click on Marketo, and click on the Configure button.
- You will be prompted to fill out your User Id, Encryption Key and Soap Endpoint. To access this information, log into Marketo, and click Admin in the top right corner and choose Web Services.
- Fill out the relevant data on the Oktopost integration page, and click Submit.
How to Set Up Social Click Tracking Integration
This setup will sync all of the social click activity with your Marketo lead database. Each time a person clicks on any of your social posts, whether that post is leading to your own website or to another third party website, Marketo will be made aware of this click via the Web Page visit log.
- Setup a new CNAME for your domain that will point to okt.to.
- On the configuration page enter your Munchkin Account Id and the new CNAME that was created.
- Make sure that the Track Social Click Activity is checked and click on the Submit button.
Once the setup is complete, every time a social link is clicked, Marketo will see the click as a Web Page visit. Here's an example of what the Web Page URL will look like inside Marketo (All the UTM codes are added automagically):
The anatomy of a social click URL:
http://[YOUR CNAME]/social/[NETWORK]/[CAMPAIGN NAME]/[SOCIAL PROFILE]?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=[NETWORK]&utm_term=[CAMPAIGN TAGS]&utm_campaign=[CAMPAIGN NAME]
Note: the URL has more parameters that are used by advanced users. The full list of parameters:
|utm_medium||Will always be "Social"|
|utm_source||The social network name: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google|
|utm_term||A comma separated list of campaign tags|
|utm_campaign||The Oktopost campaign name|
|utm_content||The source of the post: UI, Api, Autoposter, Bookmarklet, Board|
|okt_campaign_id||The Oktopost campaign Id|
|okt_profile_name||The name of the profile that was used to send the message|
|okt_profile_id||The Id of the profile that was used to send the message|
|okt_poster_name||The name of the user who posted the message|
|okt_poster_id||The Id of the user who posted the message|
|okt_post_id||The Id of the Oktopost post|
|okt_message_id||The Id of the Oktopost message|
|okt_remote_url||The link to the post on the social network site|
How will the Data Look Like in Marketo?
When there's a lead conversion, and that lead originated from a social media post, Oktopost will automatically populate the custom fields with the additional social source data.
On EVERY social click, whether that click leads to your website or to a third party, such as YouTube or some other blog, Marketo will see the click as a web page visit.