Act-On is a SaaS product for marketing automation, primarily used by small to medium-sized businesses to help manage and create e-mail campaigns, lead generation, and analytics.
Setting Up The Act-On Integration
Step 1: Adding Fields in Act-On
Sign in to Act-On and head over to Contacts → Standard Field Names. Scroll to the bottom, and add the following fields, exactly as they appear below:
Step 2: Configuring Oktopost for Act-On
- Start the set-up by creating a new CNAME for your domain that will point to okt.to.
- Sign in to Oktopost and head over to App Settings → Integrations.
- Click on Add Integration and choose Act-On from the list.
- Enter your Act-On username and password and Submit the form.
- Select the default list which your Oktopost lead data will automatically be synced to.
- Enter the CNAME you're set-up according to the instructions above.
- Submit the form again to save the configuration.
After the integration is configured, any lead that is captured using Oktopost will be added to the default Act-On list you selected. If the lead already exists in Act-On, Oktopost will add the information to this lead's record. If the lead doesn't exist yet in Act-On, a new record will be created.
Setting Up Social Click Tracking Integration
This setup will sync all of the social click activity with your Act-On lead database. Each time a person clicks on any of your social posts, whether that post is leading to your own website or to another third party website, Act-On will be made aware of this click via the Web Page visit log.
- Set up a new CNAME for your domain that will point to okt.to.
- Make sure that the Track Social Click Activity is checked and click on the Submit button.
Once all this is set up, every time a social link is clicked, Act-On will see the click as a Web Page visit. Here's an example of what the Web Page URL will look like inside Act-On (All the UTM codes are added automatically):
For more information please read the following article about the structure of a social click URL.