The Oktopost Salesforce Insights package allows you to view and report on leads, contacts, and accounts that interacted with your brand on social media.
The package includes Visualforce Panels with detailed information about each social interaction that the lead, contact or account has made as well as a native Social Activity that allows you to create granular social activity reports for each of those entities.
- Step 1: Install the Package
- Step 2: Configuration Setup
- Step 3. Add The Visualforce Panels
To be able to integrate Oktopost and Salesforce, you must:
- Have a Salesforce account with API access.
- Have permissions to install packages into Salesforce.
Step 1: Install the Package
To install the package, click the link below. This will open in a new tab and take you to Salesforce. If you are not logged into Salesforce already you will be prompted to do so. Follow the instructions on Salesforce, and continue the step-by-step instructions below to configure the package.
- The first page will list the components that the package will install, you can review these and click Continue.
- The next page will list the permissions you are authorizing in Salesforce. Click Next on this screen.
- On the next screen, you will be given the option to install the package, click Install here.
Use this URL to install the package into any organization:
Step 2: Configuration Setup
You will need to add your Oktopost API Key and Account Id to the Salesforce setting to authorize access to your Oktopost account. You can obtain these from the API tab under My Settings in your Oktopost account.
Follow these steps to add the API Key and Account Id:
1. Under "Setup" click "Develop" on the left panel to expand the menu and then click "Custom Settings".
2. Here you will see "OktopostAPISettings" listed. Click "Manage".
3. On the next screen, click "New" at the top of the screen to enter the details. Please note, there are two “New” buttons on this screen, the first button grants access to everyone in your organization, the other will ask you to specify a Salesforce profile to grant access to. You should click the top button to ensure everyone in your organization will have access to the Oktopost panels.
4. Enter your Oktopost API Key and Oktopost Account Id and then click Save.
Step 3. Add The Visualforce Panels
To add the Social Insights panels to Salesforce, you will need to edit the layout of each page and add the newly installed panels. The steps below refer to the Contact page layout but also apply to the Lead and Account layouts as well.
First, open the Contact page for one of your existing contacts in Salesforce and click Edit Layout. This will bring you to the graphical layout builder in Salesforce.
Drag down a new section to the page, give it a name like "Oktopost Social Insights" and set the number of columns to 1.
Under Visualforce pages drag down the newly installed OktopostContact page. Click the spanner icon on the right of this panel to edit the Visualforce Page Properties and set the height to 500 pixels.
Next, click Save and you're done.