Oktopost supports image sharing on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram. To ensure that your images will be displayed accurately on each network we recommend using the following guidelines and recommendations.
Acceptable image sizes and formats
- The supported file types for image uploads are JPG, JPEG, PNG, and GIF.
- The file size should not exceed 5 MB for images and 15 MB for animated GIFs.
Recommended image sizes
In short, we recommend using the following image sizes for optimal sharing on each network.
|Network||Size in pixels|
|1200 x 630|
|1024 x 512|
|1200 x 627|
|1080 x 1080|
For more details, you can read the per-channel recommendations below.
Facebook link previews
Facebook link previews are generated automatically based on Open Graph meta tags. In some cases, you can also customize the preview image to optimize the final display.
To ensure the best quality, we recommend using images that are at least 1200 x 630 pixels for high-resolution devices. At the minimum, you should use images that are 600 x 315 pixels to display link page posts with larger images.
Facebook timeline photos
Facebook timeline photos are always resized to fit 476 pixels width. To use the maximum space, we recommend using images one of the following compositions:
|Composition||Size in pixels||Aspect ratio|
|Portrait||714 x 476||3:2|
|Square||476 x 476||1:1|
|Landscape||316 x 476||2:3|
Note that images that contain more than 20% text may result in reduced delivery.
Twitter Cards and in-stream photos
Twitter automatically scales down and resizes timeline photos to fit 506 pixels width. To avoid unwanted cropping, we recommend using 2:1 aspect ratio, 506 x 253 pixels, or 1024 x 512 pixels for images that are meant for resizing.
LinkedIn Company Page updates
When adding images to company updates, please keep the following guidelines in mind regarding image display size:
- Use a 1.91:1 ratio (1200 x 627 pixels).
- Images must be more than 200 pixels width.
- If your image width is less than 200 pixels, it will not display in the larger image format. Instead, images will appear as a thumbnail on the left side of the post.
- Images on mobile will not be cropped. Images of other ratios will show in full with subtle white padding.
The maximum image resolution for Instagram is 1920 x 1080 pixels, while higher resolutions will be scaled down to that size. The recommended image resolutions for Instagram are:
|Composition||Size in pixels|
|Square||1080 x 1080|
|Portrait||1080 x 1350|
|Landscape||1080 x 566|